- Take a walk around your neighborhood, or your local park, to pick up any trash. This teaches children about respecting our planet.
- Have your child color on scrap paper, or, if using a fresh piece of paper, have them color on both sides. This will teach your child how to reduce waste.
- Playroom being over loaded with toys? Go threw them with your child and have them decide which toys they no longer want. Then take the toys to a local shelter, or donation box. This will teach them how to reuse.
- Set up a few bin to use for recycling. Teach your child how to recycle by sorting all the different materials: paper, cans, plastic, ect.
- Have your child make a gift by using materials from your recycle bins.
- Start a small flower garden with your child. Use an old egg carton as a seed starter instead of buying pots.
- Go to your favorite park and feed the birds.
- Have your child color a picture of the Earth. Visit this website for a free coloring page.
Have fun learning about our planet. Earth Day is April 22, 2009!