Thursday, September 23, 2010

Apple Bags

This project was three years in the making! I had every intent to do this activity three years ago when I purchased all the supplies needed, but never got around to painting the tree. Year number two I finally found a tree template I liked, but it took me so long to paint the tree, apple season was over by the time I was done. FINALLY this year we made our apple bags.

What you need:
  • Canvas bag, found at most craft stores
  • Red, green, and brown fabric paint
  • Template of a tree (there are a bunch out there or you could draw one free hand)
  • Paint brush
  • Trays for paint
  • 1 apple, cut in half
Instructions:
1)Paint a tree with plain branches using the brown paint, let dry
 
2) Squirt red and green paint onto trays. Take apple half and dip into desired paint color. Make sure there is a ton of paint on the apple half so the paint will show on the bag.

3) Press paint cover apple half onto canvas bag. Let dry.


No comments: