Monday, May 2, 2011

May budget challenge

Every month I track how much money I save using coupons and getting things on sale. But I never track how much I'm spending. I tried tracking about a year ago, but it took to much time. This time I'm only going to track my grocery and HBA instead of every single penny I spend. Honestly, I have know idea how much my family spends a month on food and other necessities. My guess would be $400-$500, but I don't know for sure. I plan to budget us for only $400 (I plan to lower this once I get a grasp on how much we really spend)These are the rules I plan to follow:

~Eating out/Fast food won't count, but I won't use it to avoid grocery shopping
~If I get reimbursed for something it doesn't count as OOP
~Things like photos, birthday presents, and clothes won't count as part of my $400 budget,
~But pet expenses will!

No comments: