Wednesday, August 10, 2011

How I'm doing with back to school shopping

A few posts ago I put up my son's 1st grade supply list, which had quit a few things on it. My huddy and I are also going back to school and will need things like computer paper, pencils, folders, ect. I've been trying to get every item needed for $1 or less and so far this is how I've done:

~24+ Pencils = .90
~Scissors = had
~6 glue sticks = .60
~10 pink erasers = $1.36
~24pk of crayons = had
~2pk highlighters = .50
~Pencil box = .50
~4 dry erase markers = FREE w/ coupons
~Scotch tape = FREE w/ coupon
~11 prong folders = .33
~Bottle of glue = .20
~Sm. pencil sharpener = .39
~Art smock = had
~Pencil cap erasers = FREE
~4 notebooks = had
~Pens = had

Grand total for the 35+ items above = $5
I think I'm doing good so far. I try to hold off on buying clothes until the end of September when it starts to get chilly. I know that if I bought new clothes for my kids now, they would have a growth spurt in a month! Plus I still have to go threw all the winter clothes I bought on clearance, for almost nothing, at the end of winter to see what I really need to buy.

No comments: