Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye 2011!

2011 was a year that went like I never imagined it would. At the end of Dec 2010, I was a SAHM. I set a bunch of goals I wanted to achieve in 2011 and thought I'd have plenty of time to do them. I have always wanted to go to college, but have never really had the chance. Not sure what made me become so gun-ho about attending, but I talked it over with DH and he had no problem with me going, so by the end of January 2011, I became a part time college student!

Since school was a very last minute decision, I missed the deadline for financial aid and needed a little extra cash to help with expenses (I took the cost of tuition and books out of our savings and want to replace it) By the end of February I was working about 20 hours a week in a bakery.

I ended up quiting my job in July for reasons I won't get into (lets just say there is only so much one can take for minimum wage!) In September my part time student statues changed to full time. Man did I study my butt off to get good grades and it did pay off, I currently have a GPA of 3.75!

Needless to say the goals I set for 2011 got pushed aside, but since my life went down an unexpected (but better!) path, I'm not the least bit disappointed. So what if I only read 16 out of the 25 books I planned to read, or I never got around to painting the coat closet, I'm achieving a life goal to have a college degree!!!

No comments: