Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer Fun #32: Blueberry Picking and the yummy things I made


We love blueberry picking here! My favorite part is using the berries to make yummy food. This year I had the chance to make three different items with all the berries we picked. I used Pinterest to find new recipes to try.


I make Blueberry Buckle every year, it is my family's absolute favorite blueberry recipe I make. I use this recipe from Simple Recipes.

(image from The Novice Chef)

Next I made Blueberry Lime Cream Cheese Pound Cake. This recipe came from The Novice Chef and can be found here. I mostly stuck to the recipe, the only change I made was using lime juice instead of zest. I just don't like zest in the things I bake.

(image from Bake at 350)

Lastly I made a Blueberry Cheesecake Pie. Recipe is over at Bake at 350. The only change I made was with the crust. I didn't have any gingersnaps, but I did have an unopened, leftover box of Girl Scout shortbread cookies. I used the entire box to make the crust and followed the directions just like I was using gingersnaps. I loved it, but I'm the only one in my home who likes cheesecake, so I ate almost the entire things myself!

Now that I'm about 10 pounds heavier (totally worth it!), I'm done baking with blueberries until next year.


No comments: