Monday, January 5, 2009

Grocery Shopping

Now that I’m a couple days into trying to stick to my menu, I thought I would share my grocery list. I’m trying to use what I have in my house first and tried to plan a menu off of what I had in my pantry. I didn’t think to also look at the sales flyers before making my menu so I revised some things. Like switching the summer squash for asparagus. Live and learn.

Grocery
Can of sweet corn
Honey Nut Cheerios

Produce
1.06 lb sweet potato
.53 lb red pepper
.18 sugar snap peas
.65 lb red onion
.03 lb white grapes
.52 lb broccoli
One cucumber
.23 lb green beans
Bag of bean sprouts
.74 lb asparagus
1.03 lb fuji apples
Package of tofu
2 bags of spinach (buy 1 get 1 free)
1 lb bag of carrots

Meat
Turkey bacon
3 packages of chicken breast-about 5lbs

Fish
¾ lb salmon fillets

Deli
Shaved Ham
Seafood Salad
Sliced Chicken Breast

Dairy
Fat free vanilla yogurt
2 packages of string cheese (buy 1 get 1 free)

Total spent: $53.85
Total saved by sales: $31.32
I didn’t use any coupons this week

Can you tell I didn’t have any healthy food in my house-like vegetables?

No comments: