Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Update

I've talked a bit about my New Year's Resolutions (if you're interested in what they are, check out this post .) I have been struggling a bit, but I knew my goals wouldn't be easy. It seems when I do good on one goal, a different one suffers.I'm not letting it bother me, because I know they're all a work in progress.

My biggest struggle has been menu planning! Go figure. That seems to sound like my easiest goal, but it's turned out to be my hardest. I'm taking small steps and planned half a menu this week:
  • Mon: Pork chops and potatoes
  • Tues: Chicken quesadillas (cooked in the crockpot), w/rice and mexicorn(from a can)
  • Wed: Pulled pork sandwiches (also cooked in the crockpot)
  • Thurs: Pita pizzas w/ homemade fries

Tonight's dinner was delicious. Last night we ended up eating mac & cheese from a box, because I took the pork out of the freezer and noticed it wasn't wrapped properly. When it defrosted, it was covered in odd brown spots and had a funky smell.

I hope I can pull off Wed. and Thurs dinners. If I do, that would be the most planned dinners I have ever had in one week!

1 comment:

cawhite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.