Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Yummy Fishsticks

When ever I make something healthy and my kids actually EAT IT, I'm always shocked but happy. I'm also I lazy cook. I'll admit, I'd rather do laundry than make dinner, so simple, quick, and healthy is always my dinner goal. Recently I made homemade fish sticks with sweet potato fries. This is how simple the fish sticks were:

What you need:
  • 1/2 sleeve of Ritz crackers
  • dash of salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning
  • about 1lb boneless cod fillet
  • 2 TBS. oil
  • 1 egg beaten
1) Crush Ritz crackers, add salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning, mix
2) Cut fish into strips about 1'' wide
3) Cover baking sheet with oil
4) Dip the fish strips into the egg, then roll and completely cover with Ritz crumbs, put on baking sheet
5) Cook for about 8-10 minutes turning once.
That's it. You can even have your kids help by giving them a ziplock bag filled with the Ritz crackers that they can smash.

No comments: