Monday, January 11, 2010

Reading goals

I'm not the only one who has made a goal to read more in 2010. Life as MOM also has great reading goals for this new year. I think one of the best ways to track any goal is to write it down and make a list. I love lists! One of my favorite sites is Goodreads. You can make lists of books you want to read, books you're currently reading(even add what page you're on and read others comments about the book.), and books you've read. When you're done with a book, you can even give it a star rating (1-5), record the date the book was finished and add comments about the book. Goodreads is how I've kept track of my reading for the past year or so. Some of the books that are "must reads" for me this year are:
  1. I Was a Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids by Trisha Ashorth & Amy Nobile
  2. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
  3. The Sookie Stackhouse series books 4-9
  4. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

I have much more on my list, but these are the ones that really stand out.

1 comment:

Samantha White said...

Great starting book list. I have a co-worker who is also into the Sookie Stackhouse series. I've joined the challenge also. Good luck to you in your reading goals. I'm following you and have added you to my blogroll.