Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What's for dinner?

Anything I can put in my crock-pot! We're on day 11 with 90+ weather, add in the oppressive humidity and it feels like it's 98 degrees. Not the kind of weather that I want to be lighting my oven. That's why I've been planning my meals around what can be cooked quickly on the stove top or in the crock-pot. I'm also working on one of my goals-using my cook books. This recipe came from Crock-Pot Slow Cooker Recipes.

Super Slow Sloppy Joes

What you'll need:

  • 3lbs 90% lean ground beef
  • 1 c. chopped onion
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 1/4 c ketchup
  • 5 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 c. brown sugar
  • 3 Tbs prepared mustard
  • 2 tsp chili powder
1) Brown ground beef, onion, and garlic in large nonstick skillet in two batches. Drain and discard fat.
2) Combine remaining ingredents in the crockpot, mix well. Stir beef into mixture.
3) Cover, cook on low for 6 to 8 hrs. Spoon onto hamburger buns. Enjoy!

3 comments:

KristinMarieCA said...

Those look good - sort of a comfort food I think! And nice with a salad. It's been so hot here too, and I don't have central air (just a window unit) so have been using my slow cooker a lot too. :) Thanks for posting this recipe, I'm going to save it!

Kristin
http://born2bemom.blogspot.com/

crockpot recipes said...

This is what I love so much about crockpot recipes, just a couple of step and you're basically done. You can simply plug it and forget all about it until dinner time. I will surely give this a go, I think this will go well with my asparagus and shrimp salad. Thanks for sharing this one. :)

Anonymous said...

If you do away with the brown sugar and use a good brand of unsweeted pancake syrup it makes the reciepe sugar free