26) Go threw your office supplies. Did you hit a really good sale on notebooks last year and still have about 5 not even used? Changes are you have some school supplies already.
27) Get a list of what you need. Find it at your local store or child's schools website. Buy only what is on your child's list.
28) Comparison shop. A lot of blogs post all the weekly back to school deals, some even have spread sheets with the lowest prices highlighted in red.
29) Go threw those closets. Maybe some of those jeans from last year will still fit. No need to run out and buy 5 new pairs!
30) Gather your coupons. Stores have all kinds of coupons floating around. Payless Shoes is having the BOGO sale right now (buy one get one 1/2 off) plus I have a coupon for 20% off my purchase.