Monday, August 23, 2010

Because my life isn't stressful enough!

Just got back some medical tests today and both me and one of children has a gluten intolerance! It's not Celiac disease (yet) but the doctor said we should be on a gluten free diet to detox all the gluten from our systems.

I'm not going to lie, I LOVE gluten! Bread is one of my favorite foods, along with cake, cookies, cereal, waffles, ect. ect! Although I must say some of the gluten free recipes I've seen don't look that bad.

Not sure how this will effect my money saving goals? I went to the store to find something called xanthan gum (I've seen it as an ingredient in many gluten-free recipes) I found an 8oz bag for $14.99!!!!!!!!
This should be interesting.

1 comment:

Karen and Gerard said...

It seems like medical test results are always bad news. Gluten free diets are a big hassle. I feel sorry for you.