Monday, March 7, 2011

So where have I been the past 2 weeks?

SICK! Okay not the whole time, but we've been hit hard here.

I started a new part time job on 2/28. A job I thought for sure I didn't get, but got a call a few days before I started asking if I was still interested, and I was! I really like this job, the only downfall is I have to be at work at 5 AM! I'm so not a morning person.

The first two days of work were great. By Wednesday, 3/2, my 4 yr. old got a really nasty stomach bug. By Friday, I had it too. I have a few different digestive issues so when I get any kind of stomach bug it puts me over the edge. I ended up in the ER Friday night to make sure I didn't have kidney stones or an appendicitis. Everything turned out fine, I got pumped full of IV fluids and wonderful drugs that made me stop puking my brains out and was sent home.

The next day, Saturday, my 4 yr. old took a turn for the worst, wasn't able to hold down ANYTHING! We thought it would be best to take her to the ER, and good thing we did. She was badly dehydrated. She was kept overnight, I had to stay home and try to get better - and take care of my 6 yr. old who had now started with this nasty bug.

My daughter was discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon and is doing great! My son is recovering and doing well. The best way I can describe how I feel is like a really out of shape person that just tried to complete a full triathlon. I've missed two days of work (great way to make a first impression huh?) and hope I still have a job, but right now all I want to do is sleep! Goodnight!

No comments: