Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Birthday on a Budget

My daughter, Ali, turned 2 on Oct. 7th. The first half of October for us has been very busy. We decided to forgo the big birthday bash and keep it really simple. I had bought all of Ali's presents back in August when MA was having their tax free weekend. Anything to save a few extra dollars! I don't have any wrapping paper, I try to be creative and use other things. I think its good for the environment AND my budget. This year I had my son, Logan, color large pieces of recycled paper, with the help of his grandma, and used that for wrapping paper. It was a fun craft project for him to do for his baby sister. I also tried to make Ali's cake. Ali is completely in love with the Fancy Nancy series by Jane O'Connor, so I tried to make a cake that looked like Fancy Nancy's sunglasses. This is how it came out, so you be the judge.This is what Fancy Nancy's sunglasses really look like:

Okay, so they don't really look alike, but I'm not a cake decorator so give me some credit. The cake was delicious and that's all that matters. Plus it was fun to make. A budget friendly and fun filled birthday with a homemade cake and wrapping paper.

No comments: