Friday, April 24, 2009

Have a Lemonade Stand

If you've read my last post, you know that I'm having a yard sale tomorrow. It will also be the first time my four year old will have a lemonade stand. My mother always had yard sales when I was little, and I always sold lemonade. I'm more excited about carrying on this tradition than he is! But having a lemonade stand shouldn't break the bank, so this is how I'm going to do it on the cheap.
~I'm buying the store brand frozen mix. You can make a picture for under $1.50. Plus the frozen juice added to cold water will keep the made juice cooler longer than powdered mix.
~Buy small plastic cups from the dollar store.
~I'm making my own ice cubes instead of buying a big bag. I started making ice cubes last night. Once a tray is frozen, I empty it into a ziplock bag and place the bag in the freezer. Then I fill the tray with water again to make more cubes. When I'm done, I'll have my own big bag of ice for free!
My son wants to buy "dinosaur racetracks" (some matchbox thing) and is hoping to make enough to buy this. My son's goal is $20. Guess he'll have to make really good lemonade! We'll see :)

No comments: