- Get all my tables. I only have a couple, but my family lets me borrow their tables, I just have to go to their home to get it.
- Advertise online. Put post on craigslist, and any local message boards.
- Hang up signs around town
- Bring everything up from the basement (I keep all my yard sale items in a closet in my basement. When I want to save an item for a yard sale, it goes right into the closet. That way everything is always together, when the closet starts to overflow, it's time to have a yard sale.)
- Get my money ready. Make sure I have plenty of change and small bills.
- Wake up bright and early and start to set things up outside
- Price some things as I go along. If I want a certain price for something, I'll put a price tag on it so the potential buyer has an idea of the price I want, but I still let people know all prices are just a starting point. Non-priced items are things I really want to get rid of and would take any price for.
- Sit back and wait for people to show.
I'm planning on having my yard sale this Saturday (the closet is overflowing!) My biggest goal when having a sale is to get rid of as much stuff as I can. My second biggest goal is to make a little extra cash. My cash goal for Saturday is $100!